Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zuchinni!

Hey Melissa!

My first week back from college and its been crazy! I went to a Coldplay concert on Tuesday. It was crazy fun. I've never been to a concert before, but it was certainly worth it. My favorite part was when they lit up the wristbands they had given to everyone and the whole stadium was full of little points of light. They even timed it with the music so there was parts where the wristbands would flicker on and off in time to the music! So cool!

So... I have a confession.... I am hopelessly addicted to pinterest. My favorite is the FOOD. I even have one board for food and another for dessert! Now that I'm home from college for the summer I can finally start making them! (I don't have a very complete kitchen at college. So sad... ) So this week I made Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini courtesy of skinnytaste.com. Isn't that a fun name? It has a rhythm to it. Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini. You could make like a rap out of it! It was delicious! I will definitely make it again sometime. It would be great for a group dinner with friends. So here's the recipe and some pictures I took.


Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini

Ingredients:

     Zucchini-cheese filling:
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 1/2 sups (1 medium) zucchini, shredded
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Romano cheese (or Parmesan, that's what I used)
  • 3 oz part skim shredded mozzarella
  • salt and pepper to taste
     Chicken coating:
  • 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1 lemon, the juice of (or 3 tbsp lemon juice)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil non-stick spray

Directions:


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Saute garlic a minute or until golden. Add zucchini, Romano cheese, salt and pepper and saute about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool. When cooled, mix in the mozzarella cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl; in a second combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.

Dip chicken rolls in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with oil spray.

Bake 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately. Serving size is one roll.

I absolutely loved it! I served it with rice with carrots and strawberries as a side. It was even great as leftovers the next day!

-- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment