Friday, May 18, 2012

You're home!

Hey Jessica,

So I feel weird writing to you because you are home. But here it goes . . .

Yesterday I took the AP Econ Macro and Micro tests. I was at the testing center ALL day. Except for the five minute dash to Burgerville for milkshakes in between tests. It kinda sucked. And it was really sunny all day too! I was only outside in the thirty minutes between tests. It was sad. Afterwards I went to my friends house and ate a ton of ice cream. Then I vegetated on the couch for like two and a half hours. I was kinda brain dead. I don't think I may ever recover! I also think I know too much econ for any one person how isn't an economist. However I think it would be more correct to say that I think I know too much econ. I probably don't actually know anything. Well maybe the basic supply and demand curves. And that's basically it.

Jennifer is painting some pretty cool stuff. If you haven't seen her oil painting blog you should check it out. She's pretty amazing!

Ya, this is weird, you know everything that has happened to me since you wrote. So I'm just going to leave it like this. Except . . . BROWNIE RECIPE!

You know I love brownies . . . well I fixed up a recipe I found in my cookbook and made it awesome! So here it is!

Cocoa Brownies with Mini Chocolate Chips
(I don't have a picture because Mom sent them off to Jennifer for her birthday before I had time to take a picture.)

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/3 + cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line 8-inch square pan with foil by turning the empty pan upside down then covering the bottom of the pan with foil, shiny side out, then removing the foil. Place the foil in the inside of the pan.Grease foil.
  3. In bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
  4. In 3-quart saucepan (or microwave), melt butter over low heat.
  5. Remove saucepan from heat; with spatula, stir in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, vanilla, and oil until well blended.
  6. Stir in flour mixture.
  7. Spread batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
  8. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from center comes out almost clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack, about two hours.
  9. When cool, lift foil, with brownie, out of pan. Peel foil away from sides. Cut brownies into 4 stripes, then cut each strip crosswise into 4 squares.

So ya. Those are some of the best brownies you will ever have. Even if you don't put on the chocolate chips.


See ya!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment