I've been spending a lot of time in the library lately. A lot of time. Like, more time than in my hale. I have found that there are some pros and cons to homeworking in the library.
- There are comfy couches in the library (and comfy armchairs)
- It gives you a new place to study so that you are not always in your dorm
- There's good wifi
- Air conditioning!
- It's quiet here
- I feel all studenty and productive here
- If you are doing research and need a book, you don't have to make a trip to the library--you're already there!
- You always know what holiday is coming up because of the decorations
- When you leave you can tell yourself (in a British accent) "Melissa has left the library. Melissa has been saved."
- Because of the comfortable couches and chairs in the library, there are often people sleeping there
- When the wifi is down, there is nothing you can do about it
- The fire in the fireplace is fake
- In the evenings it can get kinda busy and people get talkative, and it's annoying
- It feels like I don't have a life. (Which I don't, but it's not like I want to feel that way)
- There is no way to escape Valentine's Day--the decorations are everywhere
- When you leave and the sun is down, you feel like you lost your whole day. And to homework, which is worse
I see this guy in the library a lot. He's usually sleeping. On the couch too. Come on dude! Maybe I wanted to sit there! (mmppphhhmmmmmm . . .) He probably lives off campus and doesn't want to trek home and back again between classes or whatever. So I shouldn't judge. But I do. I'm a terrible person.
My social life has disappeared (what was left of it anyway). I haven't gone to Country Swing in two weeks! (Which is a big deal considering it has only been going for three.) I don't hang out with anyone! I haven't gone to the beach! It's a tragedy!
On another note. Kelsy and I have been working on our version of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" which is "Do You Want to go Surfing?" However, I've been using Garage Band. Big mistake. It keeps on ruining my sound files. I have no idea why. I've recorded that stupid song (completely, with multiple takes) twice. I kinda want to give up on it, but at the same time I want to prove to Garage Band that I'm superior, but I also want to do it on another program that won't destroy my work. Basically, I'm stuck. I don't quite know what to do. I don't have a sound editing program and I don't want to have to purchase one. So you'll have to wait for Kelsy and my next big musical production. But it'll be awesome. And hilarious.
Since I feel like I'm just rambling at this point,
See ya later! Have fun mathing.